11.29.2007

Crafting Away...

We had a great time with my Mom! We got SO much accomplished...shopping, decorating, sewing, cooking, eating!

The day after Thanksgiving my Mom and I went to Khols and I bought a blanket and a bunch of ornaments at 80% off!!! I can't stop asking myself "how do they make any money?" I dont care...as long as they are offering good deals, I am there! That night we went to the Christmas Tree lot to get our tree...last year we got a table top tree, so we decided this year we would try to get a bigger one...its about 5 ft...perfect! And of course, we decorated it with the new ornaments (I will have a post dedicated to my new and old faves). This year we wanted to do a turquoise, white and brown tree. The future colors of my future walls! Someday that will happen! Something else we accomplished was me learning how to sew! My Mom sewed my favorite brown damask fabric onto the bottom of the curtains...such a fun addition! Then we made an apron (both pictured below)! We also made breaded meatloaf...very pretty :) Meatloaf doesn't sound like it could be pretty, but it was...and yummy. Before we dropped my Mom off at the airport, she took me maternity clothes shopping and I got some really fun stuff. Boy, did she spoil me ;)

This year I was mostly thankful for (as always and in no particular order)...my Husband, baby on the way, Jacob, family and friends, a roof over our heads and food on the table! Most of all, that God is a gracious God! I dont deserve His love and the blessings that I have.




2 comments:

Jenna Lyndsay said...

The pics are so cute. The brown damask fabric is so pretty at the bottom of the curtains. Now you are going to have to pass along the treat and teach me how to sew. haha. The apron is cute too! And that's exciting about your Christmas tree!

Also, I know. Isn't that horrible about the hives. I totally thought of you! I was like this used to happen to Cristina, but it used to never happen to me. haha. You are rubbing off on me from high school presentations. Is that possible? haha.

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

Yay- I didn't know you guys have a blog! Well... at least you did in november :)

It was so fun to see you on saturday and I really hope you'll be moving down soon :)

I'll be praying for the rest of your pregnancy!