5.30.2007

You Call that Work???

In one of my earlier posts, I said that we are looking forward to Brian having a real job for certain reasons...well, I am realizing that even real jobs have their non-real job perks! This past weekend, Memorial Day weekend, Brian was able to head out of the office at 12 noon for an extended weekend. Then he is back to work Tuesday and his boss tells the staff to bring a change of clothes for Wednesday because they are heading to Oakland for the As game! Seriously, what is going on??? It's cool, but I think he may be getting a little spoiled in his first venture out into the corporate world :) We are very excited though. His boss, Connie, seems like a very nice boss to have and is very encouraging toward Brian.

I, on the other hand, barely get to leave 5 minutes early, even if I ask!!! It's cool though...I'm not jealous one bit...

I just got done planning our 2 year Anniversary for this weekend. We are dropping puppy off at the hospital for boarding on Saturday morning and heading to Carmel for the weekend. We are staying in a cute (hopefully it will be as cute in person) bed and breakfast in Carmel by the Sea. I am not one for spending money on a hotel, but it is the only way to do it when there is too much to do and see in one day. On the ageda...
Driving
Shopping
Walking
Eating
Sleeping
Kayaking (tentatively due to weather)
Touring
I am nervous because the weather says it may only get up to 60*...yikes!!! We want to go kayaking so badly, but you aren't getting me in the water with it being that cold.

I was researching some stuff to do and it looks like there is SO much! The shopping alone will be a good chunk of time. The area looks adorable...very quaint streets and buildings. I think we may go to the Mission in Carmel, and if it is too cold for kayaking, we will go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We have been to Monterey before, but not to Carmel itself, and I've heard it's beautiful. We are really looking forward to this little mini vacation. We are going to miss Jacob terribly, but it will be so nice not having to worry about his needs for those 2 days. He is like a kid with the bathroom breaks, the feeding, the need for attention, and his curiosity in every moving thing...well, non-moving too, I guess. Pray for good weather! Have a great weekend:)

No comments: