This weekend confirmed to Brian and I that we are in a very hard spot. Right now we have 3 cars...not a good thing for the finances! We have the Beetle, the Element, and now the Camry. We have been advertising the Element in Auto Trader and Craigslist for the past few weeks, on top of parking it in different heavy traffic areas and...nothing :(
We were trying to get creative in hopes of just getting it sold. We thought we should try taking it to Honda to see what we could get for it, but they said we would get a better value if we bought a car from them. Wellll, we don't need another car, so maybe if we traded in both of our cars, we would come closer to paying off our loans. nope.
On top of them being completely rude, they gave us really bad news. Even with both of our cars, we would come $8000 under what we still owe for the loans. The thing I don't get is why, if they would be making money off selling both of our cars, and off of the new purchase that we would have made, why they still wouldn't work with us. They simply said, 3 times, that there was nothing they could do. I will tell you right now, that after loyally purchasing 2 cars from Livermore Honda, and more specifically Maria, within the past year, being treated like that will not renew my business with them. I will take my future business elsewhere. You would think she would have been happy to do business with us again. On top of that, she told us to come down with both of our cars so they could appraise them. We did just that, actually cutting a previous engagement short to do so. Only to hear that the appraisal guy wasn't even there that day (the same day we talked to her on the phone to confirm coming down to Livermore). I was very upset with the customer service we recieved from that dealership.
Sooo, what do we do from here? Sadly, it may come down to me selling my Beetle :( If that happens, I will just use the Element as my car until we can sell that one as well. We will continue to advertise it until it sells regardless, so I can get a different car. We just need to get rid of one car, it doesn't matter which one, because we are paying monthly payments on both right now, ontop of insurance monthly. As you can imagine, our bills right now are a bit pricey with 3 cars, and one not even being used! That is why we are in a hard spot until we sell one of our many cars!!! Thankfully, God has blessed us in a way that we are able to pay all of our bills, even with all 3 cars...for the time being!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so confused. When did you get a camry? Must explain in an email. haha.
were praying for you guys.. thanks for hanging with us last weekend...
HUGS!!!!
Post a Comment