6.27.2007

When it Rains, it Pours...

My poor family! They drove 6 hours this past weekend to meet us in Hollister for a fun-filled camping and quadding weekend. The only bummer we encountered was a little traffic, making our drive 2 hours instead of 1 1/2. My family, on the other hand, had a heaping spoonful of bummer on their plate! To top off the 6 hour drive, as they pulled into the park to find their camp they pulled up the wrong road...really bad idea. Let me begin by saying that the roads were not super clearly marked, and when you haven't been before, it's even more confusing. The road that they accidentally pulled up was a fairly steep, rocky, curved road. Soon after, they realized something was wrong and that they were not on the right road. Well, it's not like you can just pull up and make a u-turn in a 30' motorhome with a 10' trailer attached to the rear hauling 3 quads! So my Dad begins to back down the winding road...I don't think they had actually gotten too far up the road, but still...I would be crapping my pants right about then. They made it back down because of my Dad's stellar RV driving skills :) and got on the right road. While pulling into camp, and I am assuming making a sharp turn, a corner of the rented trailer smashed into the back of the motorhome, bending the metal bumper and putting a hole in the fiber glass of the RV! And this is only half of what happened...

On top of all that, their automatic level system failed, creating about a 2 hour detour filled with a trip to Target, sweat, dust, and dirty clothes! That's what happens when you travel that far away from home, right? Thennnn, as we are all heading to go up to the tracks to get some photos of Brian and Cameron getting mad air, Dad gets pulled over by the camp rangers because his quad was too loud! He had to go to the camp store and get a test ran on the quad, then have something installed in the muffler to make it a little less noisy. That also took about an hour!

Needless to say, my family had a whirlwind trip! We had a great time all being together, despite the detours. I love the feeling of being so content in a situation...sitting around the camp fire with my sweet family and my best friend, my husband, and having everyone you love (almost everyone excluding some dear friends and other family) right there next to you. We had some laughs for sure. How could you not with Dad and Cameron...two normal people who can make the most un-normal faces I have ever seen! I love my family so much and am so thankful for the time we got to spend with them.

Infact, I already miss my family so much that I am flying down next week to spend more time with them. Brian will be meeting me down there when he is finished with the work week. I, fortunately, got most of the week off! I will post some pictures from the weekend once I find my camera :/

1 comment:

Jenna Lyndsay said...

That is such a bummer, but it sounded like you had so much fun with them. I'm excited you got to see them. If you have time when you are down here, I would love to see you, even just come and sit with your fam at your house or something. haha. :)