So I heard on the radio today that it was the first day of Summer. Call me lame, but I thought it was already Summer! I am obviously not good with that stuff...I just assume when the weather changes that the season automaticaly changes right then. That goes to show what a patience problem I have!
Well, happy Summer to everyone :) This is going to be an awesome Summer, and Brian and I have a great kick off this weekend...we are going camping/quadding (4 wheeling as Ryan says) with my family in Hollister! I haven't been on a quad in years it seems. I will definately post some pictures of my awesome brother and Dad in the action. They are pretty good at getting air...me on the other hand, I am a flat land kind of girl. Us 3 girls (Mom, Stephanie, and me) will go for a couple mellow rides. It will be interesting to see Brian on a quad and how he keeps up. Pray for safety because although Cameron and Dad are really great, they have both broken their collar bones :/ Dad 2x and Cameron 1x...I don't want Brian to add to their stats!!!
Another reason this Summer is going to be great is because in my boredom at work, I put together a goal sheet for myself for the next couple of years. One thing that I would like to accomplish this Summer is to taste the art of photography. Photography is obviously something that is very important to me because of my love for scrapbooking, which was created for the purpose of embellishing the moments captured through photographs. I have had fun over the past few years taking pictures with my simple digital, but I want to master the use of a professional camera. Our good friend JR has a photography company and has agreed to teach me some stuff!
For the past 6 months or so, I have really been feeling like I am ready to venture out into the world and nail down a creative outlet of mine that I may be interested in doing professionally. I have to blame this "itch" partly to the fact that I have been a blog stalker on many awesome photography blogs for months now. It really motivates me to find my nitch and do something for myself. One hope of mine is that I can find something I love to do, that Brian would also love to do, and we can someday work together. We love spending time together, and can't seem to get enough of it sometimes. It would be such a neat experience to see something that we have created and built together be able to support us, allow us to do what we love to do, and to be together! That would be a dream...someday.
Some other goals of mine, other than photography, are to dabble in or go to school for the following:
* Cosmetology (hair & makeup)
* Start a Personal Scrapbook Company
* Possibly Wedding/Event Coordinating
Hopefully friends and family can help keep me accountable to accomplish some of my goals in the next few years. I have been wanting to pursue something for the longest time, but you can see what happens when I have myself to count on for motivation...nothing! I just get scared and talk myself out of trying things for one reason or another. I will pray for strength and confidence as I try to pursue some of my goals. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment