8.27.2007

Young Married Ministry Kick-Off


Yesterday we hosted a "Young Married Ministry" bbq at Sycamore Park in Danville. We have been wanting to start something like this for a while, as a place where young married couples can feel at home in the Church, and yesterday it finally happened. We aren't sure how many of the couples will actually want to be a permanent fixture in the ministry, but we will start it no matter how many show up each week! Next on the to-do list is to possibly start a Sunday school class that is geared toward young marrieds.

We all had a great time just hanging out, eating, playing games, talking, etc. I had alot of fun putting together the decor (with the help of Lisa and Laura) for the BBQ...as you can tell, I wanted it to be a "citrus" themed get-together. I ordered the paper lanterns is white, yellow and orange, I had a lemon wedge dispay, assorted citrus candy in vintage bowls, and Laura made lemon bars, and Brian and I made Orange Jellow Cake...very fun! Of course there were sprinkles of green every now and again :) I enjoyed the decorating part tremedously...as pointless as some people probably thought it was!

No comments: