7.17.2008

Caught Up ...

Life is funny sometimes. Plain and simple. Last month was ridiculously slow ... business wise. This month is the complete opposite. It is a wonderful thing, but it's funny. I am super excited for the jewelry party on Tuesday! I have been scrambling to get a bunch of necklaces made for the party, and on top of that, the boutiques that I am in are giving me some good business.
I have some fun stuff going on right now! Some of which are :

* My brand spankin' new business cards ... which are to. die. for. Love them!
* A newly painted home ... some new organization. Definately needed this one.
* New jewelry displays. Bought them off Etsy and got them for such a great deal ... 3 things for $23. Not bad! Go to www.cristina-ashley.blogspot.com to see them!
* Clearance (50% off) baby stuff from Target. I can always rely on them for good deals. I got a high chair for $54 ... it's not the cutest thing in the world, but it beats the $180 one on my registry! I also found a bouncy entertainment center (she still has a couple months before she can use this, but couldn't pass it up) for $35, and a Boppy Bouncer for $25.
* A sweet new business card holder ... also off Etsy! It is a vintage fork, and it was only $8.
Go to www.cristina-ashley.blogspot.com to see this too! I also have some new jewelry.

Lots of deliveries around here! I feel like it is Christmas in July :) I just hope I can make all this back from sales!!! Keep coming business ... I am ready!

I have to admit though ... I have been having a hard time lately with trying to balance work stuff and spending good, quality time with Kylie. I get so caught up with trying to beautify the house, trying to make money, trying to get everything done in a timely manner, that I feel like I neglect precious moments with my baby. I end up feeling good, but guilty at the same time. I feel good about getting things done, but horribly gulity because I am afraid that Kylie feels alone. I try to take a break every so often to talk with her, give her kisses, affection and touch, but I dont feel like it is enough??? I see her looking around and my heart aches because I am wondering if she is feeling left out, not important. I know she is a baby and that is what they do, but I can't help but feel so bad when I have things to get done. I just love her more than I could have ever imagined, and I don't want to miss out on one second of her sweet little life ... but life is also knocking at the door! BUT, even with all this said, I am SO happy, blessed and thankful that I get to be an at-home Mommy. I couldn't imagine having to go to work and not even being able to look over at her or give her a kiss on her soft cheeks when I wanted to. I am so, so, so thankful.

Anyway, now that I have gotten that off my chest (hence the title of the post), here are some pictures of what has been going on around here ...


See ... how fun are these? Thank you Invited Ink :) You made my day.



Kylie Bear ... how can you be sleeping through all of this!

1 comment:

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

Cute business cards!

I know how you feel Cristina- I have so been there throughout the past few months. Seen as it is wedding season, I have been going and going. For a while, I felt like I couldn't give my full attention to anything. I wasn't giving work enough time, wasn't giving the house any time, and it made me so sad that I was not spending enough quality time with Isaiah. I was always just trying to occupy him so that I could get some work done. I changed that cycle by hiring a babysitter one day a week. She watches him from home while I am there and it is so nice to be able to just focus my time and then have free time to spend with Isaiah afterward. David takes him on his day off too. This has helped me immensely. Things will get better as I slow down too. We'll have seasons of busy-ness and seasons that are slower in which we'll be able to enjoy our little ones more.

I hope you are able to figure out some balance and maybe even get a little you time in there too!