10.14.2008
fishies ...
Yesterday was a sad day. On Saturday, we bought Kylie 5 goldfish ... they were so pretty and vibrant in the sprakling clean fish bowl, and Kylie loved staring at them and reaching for them. I cleaned the bowl on Monday ... just 1.5 days after we bought them, so they would have a clean home ... and one died shortly after! Then we got home from Bible study last night and another one was at the bottom breathing really slowly. I scrambled to get a tupperware bowl full of clean water, the water drops and some food for him, and he continued to lay at the bottom, barely breathing. Then Kylie woke up this morning at 2:45 and fishy was dead :( What am I doing wrong? I don't like it when animals die ... even little goldfish. I cried when I saw that little guy struggling to breath and barely moving, and I don't want to go through that 3 more times ... I want the other ones to survive! Any tips? Do I need to be using ONLY spring water out of the jugs? I thought those drops were supposed to neutralize tap water so it was safe for them ... are they not working properly?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
dearest cristina, you are so sweet about caring for the fish, but to be honest, you aren't doing anything wrong. at least, i doubt you are. the fact is gold fish die - quickly. it is not in their nature to live long. my suggestion is to buy one beta fish. they live forever practically. :) love you! jenna
I don't want to say your doing anything wrong... but fish are particular. You should have tested the water before putting the fish in. You neutralize the water, then bring some of the water to the pet store, have them test it and then get the okay. We went to the Pet Smart in Dublin, or there is a fish store there as well, right by the Target?? I know your not in that exact area anymore, but try a Pet Smart. There is so many things I wasn't aware of when we first got fish, but they are picky creatures! We went through the same thing at first though, so don't feel bad! :)
Post a Comment